Introduction to FTTx – Fiber to the x
This training course is designed to introduce the concepts and technologies that combine to provide fixed broadband access across fiber.
- Why FTTx has become such an important architecture today, including the technical and financial justifications.
- The different types of FTTx architectures, including the advantages and disadvantages of each and the types of components that are required.
- The differences between Active and Passive Optical Networks (PONs).
The technical details of specialized FTTx components like splitters and wavelength-division multiplexers.
- The specifications for cables, connectors, splices and hardware.
- Design and installation requirements particular to FTTx.
The course is intended for network designers, network planners, supervisors, project managers, sales people, technicians and anyone new to the FTTx market.